http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0%2C29307%2C1658835_1439509%2C00.html
Last week the World Beard and Moustache Championships were held in Brighton, England. Competitors came from all over the world including the U.K., the U.S., Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. I never would have thought so many guys (No women competitors were featured, so hopefully there were none.) would invest so much in their beards and moustaches. What surprised me was how organized the whole thing was; there were all these different catagories, participants knew what was required to enter those catagories, and . I was disappointed that there was no Santa Claus Look Alike catagory :(.

This old man was my favorite.
Deep Fried Butter to Hit Texas State Fair
http://www.slashfood.com/2009/09/03/deep-fried-butter-to-hit-texas-state-fair/
I wanted to gag when I first read this. The very thought of it is completely disgusting to me. Who would eat this? Someone would be as well off drinking the grease it was fried in. And it comes in different flavors? Sorry, but neither grape nor cherry butter appeals to me. Don't get me wrong, I like butter. I believe, however, that it is supposed to be a condiment, not the main dish.

No comments:
Post a Comment