Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Consequences of an Interrupting Call

Video captures Jackman chiding cell phone offender
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_THEATER_JACKMAN_CELL_PHONE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-09-28-21-07-42

I never turn my cell phone off when I am told to. I, however, do put it on silence or vibrate as to aviod scenes like the one that occured recently in New York.
Picture this, you have paid a gazillion dollars to go see the gorgeous Hugh Jackman perform on Broadway and are happily drooling over him. During a particularly dramatic scene where Jackman is pouring out his soul to co-star Daniel Craig, a phone goes off. The usual "everyone-turn-and-stare-like-we-have-no-clue-how-such-a-thing-could-happen" is accompanied by something new and hilarious. Jackman comes out of character and gets onto the guy! He singles the lucky soul out and tells him to get the phone. To top it off, the same phone rings two minutes later. I mean, come on.
People are so rude, but if every actor got onto every interrupting cell phone user, I think people would do this on purpose. I know I would. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment