Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exclusive New York Fashion: The Snuggie

Snuggie shows new styles at NY Fashion Week
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090916/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_fashion_week_snuggies;_ylt=ApTxN8d56K5FgHA2uV52KxjtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJ0dDQwNTZ0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwOTE2L3VzX29kZF9
mYXNoaW9uX3dlZWtfc251Z2dpZXMEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl9
0b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3NudWdnaWVzaG93cw--



I point you to yet another ridiculous story. The beloved Snuggie held a fashion show in New York City today. OK, so the show was a fake, the company's answer to all of the Snuggie parodies, but it was an effort to launch new colors and styles. Animal prints, tye-dye, a "luxury micro-plush," and even Snuggies for your puppies, what more could you want?

I do not and in the foreseeable (How in the world do you spell that?) future do not plan to own a Snuggie either for myself or for my precious little rat terrier. I, like most people, laugh every time I see a Snuggie. I am amazed, however, that something so stupid and silly can become a pop icon. Have you ever met some one who did not know what a Snuggie is? Have you not ever recognized one the moment you saw it? Have you ever watched late night TV with out the Snuggie commercial coming on, forcing you laugh, cheering you up, and making you forget how hopeless you feel in this world?

What? That's just me? How embarassing. . .Well, maybe I have taken this too far and shared way too much personal information, but my point is that, in spite of their ridiculousness, Snuggies are pretty much going to take over the world. The End.

A sleeved blanket for dogs is modeled in the Snuggie fall 2009/winter ...
An adorable child and dog duo complete with their own Snuggies

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Helen. It really has become a pop icon.

    I don't know, I don't see the point to a snuggie. I think an old fashioned blanket seems much more cozy.

    ReplyDelete