Sunday, August 30, 2009

Introduction

I know this sounds like the most boring blog you have never read and the fact that I am doing it for a class makes it ten times worse, but I am really going to try to make this interesting. I am going to focus on odd news, those crazy and random stories that make you stop, smile, and think about what a crazy wonderful world this is.
To be honest, this is the only kind of news I read regularly. I like to be informed about our economy, government, weather, and so on but it all gets boring and redundant after a while. So here is my shot at making things interesting:


Girl gorillas go ape for guy gorilla pic



This is just funny; I don't care who you are. I wonder if they knew the picture was of a guy gorilla or if they just recognized that the picture was similar to them. He must be a handsome devil to get screams from the ladies when they simply look at his face. Eating the picture... That is a little extreme. I wonder what will go down when he actually arrives. That would probably not be a good day to take your kids to the zoo. . .

Beds made of hay are latest hotel craze
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/traveltips/08/25/hay.hotels/index.html

I would have honestly never thought anyone would ever go for this. Sleeping in an old barn like the hobos used to do? Seriously? When I saw the headline I thought to myself, "That is ridiculous! I would never do that!" After reading the article, however, the idea seems a little appealing. The manager of the Hufgut has a good point; I would have loved to do this when I was younger. I cannot help but to think of all of the drawbacks though: the dust, lots of sneezing, straw poking you while you are trying to sleep. I think the worst thing would be the bugs. Bugs get in hay. That is a fact of life. Right now farmers in Faulkner county cannot move their hay outside of the county because of the fire ant infestation, so imagine what would be in European hay. Even though the idea seems a bit romantic, I think I would prefer to stay somewhere more modern when I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment