Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dishing out some PB&J style love

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091011/NEWS/910110342

Imagine taking a walk in the park. It's a beautiful day, you are carefree, blahblahblah, and then someone hands you a PB&J sandwich. Pretty much, that would make my day because I love, Love, LOVE a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Think then, how much more that PB&J would mean if you were a homeless teenager living in that park. Imagine that was the only meal you didn't have to fight for, steal, or do without.
This is one of the simplest, yet most loving, ministries I have heard of. Anyone could do this, anyone who isn't afriad to be the hands and feet of Jesus. That is what this couple is doing and they are reaching those who no one else is reaching. It is action, not words. This is love.
I put this in my "Odd News Catagory" because love like this is an odd and rare thing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment