Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And the winner is. . .

I meant for the tone of this blog to be light, carefree, and slightly tongue in cheek. I feel that I have gotten a little serious and next week I will go back to what I used to blog about.
This week, however, I must laugh at the President of the United States. In the past people have received the Nobel Peace Prize for accomplishing things that made the world a better place. People like Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., and Gandi who have ACCOMPLISHED great things are awarded the prize. Organizations like UNICEF and Doctors Without Borders are awarded the prize because they make the world a better place. Individuals are not awarded the prize because they are famous and they TALK about doing things.
When President Obama said during his acceptance speech that he really didn't deserve the prize, I think he meant that. I think he was as shocked as the rest of the world was. I guess it really isn't his fault; as far as we know he didn't bribe the committee to choose him. I think that instead of honoring him though they just made him look stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment